You are allowed to drink when you’re 16.
You are allowed in clubs when you’re 18.
You receive free education.
You receive economic support while studying.
You enjoy free hospitalization.
You’ll be correctly informed by objective news channels.
- you are forced to endure the danish language
- Denmark has yet to outlaw racial profiling.
- Racial minorities in Denmark have a greater chance of being arrested without being convicted of a crime.
- Denmark refuses to acknowledge the existence of a Roma minority in Denmark, and refuses to offer them any legal protection against discrimination.
- POC in Denmark are much more likely to be victims of hate crimes, compared to ethnic Danes.
- In order to marry an ethnic Dane as a foreign national, you have to be at least 24 years old, never have received any social benefits, show proof of financial independence and pay a deposit of ~£5200.
- Hostels for homeless people are forbidden by law to accept foreign born guests who cannot show proof of permanent residency in the country.
That awkward moment when white folk think that some of the most blatantly racist countries are paradise because those countries are utopia for progressive/liberal racists.
Deep in the rainforests of the Indian state of Meghalaya, bridges are not built, they’re grown. For more than 500 years locals have guided roots and vines from the native Ficus Elastica (rubber tree) across rivers, using hollowed out trees to create root guidance systems. When the roots and vines reach the opposite bank they are allowed to take root. Some of the bridges are over 100 feet long and can support the weight of 50 people.
And after all these years, the trans community is still at the back of the bus. I despise that. I’m hurt and get depressed a lot about it. But I will not give up because I won’t give the mainstream gay organizations the satisfaction of keeping us down. If we give up, they win. And we can’t allow them to win. The reason we, right now, as a trans community, don’t have the rights they have is that we allowed them to speak for us for so many damn years, and we bought everything they said to us: “Oh, let us pass our bill, then we’ll come for you.”
Yeah, come for me. Thirty-two years later and they’re still coming for me. And what have we got? Here, where it all started, trans people have got nothing. We can no longer let people like the Empire State Pride Agenda, the HRC in Washington, speak for us. And it really hurts me that some gay people don’t even know what we gave for their movement.
|—||Sylvia Rivera in Genderqueer: Voices from Beyond the Binary (via queeraztlan)|
The use of “gay” as a pejorative is nothing new, but it’s still somewhat surprising when a search for the “gayest trends” on Google yields the “worst trends.” And it’s not simply a matter of websites conflating “gayest” and “worst” on the pages Google brings up: the word “worst” is bolded on Google, highlighting it as a match for the word “gayest.”
This phenomenon has been recognized in the past, but with little response. A current Change.org petition has, at press time, 18 signatures. There have also been a couple complaints made on Google’s product forums, one in 2012 and one in 2011.
A Google spokesperson issue[d] the following response—
Google’s results, including when a search term is synonymized with another, are a reflection of content on the web and how people search. These results are determined by algorithms and we don’t manually correct this process, but we are always looking at how we can improve our algorithms.
you guys can sign this, it hasn’t even got 100 signatures yet!!
a seedot named ‘dots’
Why is it whenever you trade pokemon with NPCs… the nicknames are always TERRIBLE?
AN ONYX NAMED ROCKY HOLY SHIT I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE
i fucking hate when guys “defend” women by saying “that’s someone’s daughter” for two major reasons
- it simplifies women — instead of showing women as whole, independent, human beings, this “defense” continues to define them only in how they relate to others, primarily men. let’s be real, when…
What people are really doing when they invoke the Someone’s Daughter argument is asking men to imagine how they would feel if their daughter were treated this way. Which — surprise, surprise — makes it all about men’s feelings and their possession of women. As usual.
They’re never saying “That’s someone’s daughter, someone gave birth to this person and raised them up with blood, sweat, and tears for x years”, they’re saying “That’s someone’s daughter, somebody’s sperm helped make that and thus they have ownership over it.”
I nuked a mini pizza. Thing’s like 10 cm across.
I’m not even cutting it into slices, I’m just folding it in half and making a pizza sandwich.